Saturday, February 10, 2007

Drive-In

Okay, I'm really excited. Scott called me from work yesterday morning and said he was taking the family out to eat. He wouldn't tell me where, but said it was a place we had eaten at before and one just opened in our current home town area (about 30 minutes from our house). We arrived at SONIC!!!!

I wish I'd had my camera with me so you would believe the traffic. You'd have thought it was the only place to eat in town. All the stalls were full and there was a 10+ car line at the drive through. We were third in line to wait for a stall, so it was a pretty short wait. Once our food arrived we ate "picnic" style in the back of the van---with the door shut since it was 20 degrees outside.

One of the 3 guys directing traffic (yes, it was that bad) said they had just opened on Tuesday and he'd never seen a Sonic grand opening in our kind of weather and hadn't seen a Sonic so busy in that weather either. Thankfully, six more Sonics will be opening in our area in the next 18 months! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I have just been introduced to a hot fudge malt- you should try it (but you have to ask for extra chocolate)!