Sunday, August 09, 2009

Grains of Sand

After much consideration over a name for our homeschool, I settled on "Grains of Sand."
My inspiration for this name came from Isaiah 48:17-19:

This is what the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel says: I am the Lord your God, who teaches you for [your] benefit, who leads you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to My commands. Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea. Your descendants would have been as [countless] as the sand, and the offspring of your body like its grains; their name would not be cut off or eliminated from My presence. (Holman CSB)

God teaches us for our benefit....I teach my children for their benefit
God leads us in the way we should go....I want to direct my children on a godly path
Pay attention to God's commands....mediate on the things of God, not the world

No comments: