Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We went to a local ice cream festival this past Saturday. It was the BEST parade I've been to and the first for all three kids. The ice cream trucks came down first and gave ice cream to everyone on the street--they gave our family 5 full-size snickers dark chocolate ice cream bars. After much on-looking, I gave Madison a pinch of the vanilla ice cream. Scott was shocked, to say the least, and quickly reminded me of the polite "hiney chewing" he got for giving banana pudding to Evie while the Smiths were visiting us in Austin (remember, Tracey?) when Evie was only 5 months old. I have a real soft spot for the Shriner's stuff in parades. Jared loved (as you can imagine) the airplane trike.

There were several old tractors in the parade---which Scott really enjoyed.


On Sunday evening, after letting Jared play in the water in the backyard, we went to McDonald's for dessert. Madison had her first baby rice cakes and really liked them. I had forgotten how messy those soft baby chewy things can be.....






2 comments:

Renae said...

I'm happy you guys found something fun to do this weekend. I am so sad it wasn't hanging out with me! And even sadder that your countdown counter no longer pertains to me. I love you so much. Things are going to be weird for a while - I don't think we'll get to chat as much as we have. It won't be forever.

Loving you lots!

Renae

Superchikk said...

Snickers dark ice cream bar? Where have you been all my life? I will definitely have to check those out. And maybe the baby rice cakes too. Ha!