Wednesday, November 26, 2008

When it's too quiet...

I was upstairs for several minutes, helping Jared and getting Madison up from her nap. Evie was downstairs watching television, at least that's what I thought she was doing.

I came downstairs to discover my purse had been emptied out onto the couch. While that's alarming enough, I discovered 4 gum wrappers on the couch, too. Upon further investigation, I discovered only one stick of gum remained in the pack....Hmm. I asked Evie where the other wrappers were and she silently led me to the kitchen trash can---where I found 4more wrappers. Upon asking where the gum was, Evie replied "in my mouth"----which was clearly empty. She 'fessed to eating the gum and then began repeatedly asking if she was going to get a spanking.

Just 60 seconds ago, as I was typing I heard the upstairs gate bang against the frame. Seeing Jared and Evie standing beside me, I became SCARED! I ran upstairs to find a happy, satisfied Madison standing at the top of the stairs.

Moral of the story: If you don't want to get in trouble for dumping Mom's purse, just convince your baby sister to do something dangerous so your Mom will have something else to focus on.

Argh!

1 comment:

Superchikk said...

Ha! They're working together...smart ones, they are!