Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blaming Jared while apologizing to him

Last week Jared and Evie were fighting over an empty toilet paper roll....yes, a 2 or 3 day old toilet paper roll. Of course, to them it was a telescope. They were in another room, but came to find me....

Jared: "Evie hit me."

Evie: "I did not."

Mommy: "Evie, did you hit Jared?"

Evie: "Yes." (quick change of plea)

Mommy: "Evie, you need to apologize."

Evie: "Jared, I'm sorry you took my..."

Mommy: "Evie, that's not what I meant."

Evie: "Jared, I'm sorry I hit you because you took my telescope."

Mommy: "Evie!"

Evie: "Jared, I'm sorry I hit you. Will you forgive me?"


Yes, she knew what to say all along, but she took her sweet time getting to the point.

1 comment:

Homeschool Momma said...

Evie has the gift of getting her point across while being obedient. I will apologize, but I will also let you know what you did wrong (and mom knows now too!) Wheeew! Hold on Teresa, it only gets better:)