Sunday, September 10, 2006

Kids say the.....

The J-Man has been saying the funniest things lately and has been quoting a couple lines out the movie, "The Rookie." If you haven't seen the movie, it's a baseball film (Disney, rated G)..... J has started wearing his baseball cap again and says "bring the heat" all the time. His second favorite movie line is from Dennis Quaid's inspirational talk to the team and, I quote J, "you quit on me and worst you quit on yourselves." Of course it's cuter to hear J say oooo instead of you.

We went to a local metro park today and spent 30 minutes on the hiking trail with the kiddos. We had fun and J shook "hands" with a weed and said "it's a pleasure to meet you." We walked around a large mud puddle and Daddy told J to be on the look out for more, so J yelled, "Mud, where are you?"

I realize I'm speaking about my kid and so this is funnier to me than to you, the reader. BUT, this last one was hilarious no matter who you are. J asked if he could hold Daddy's ball cap in the car on the way home. Daddy obliged and J immediately held it out by the cap's bill and asked for a quarter!!!!! :-) We have no idea where the pan-handling came from..... I offered to give him a quarter if he could tell me where he learned that trick---he said that mommy did it! Ha!

3 comments:

Edan said...

Okay, maybe Mommy is sad right now that Teresa moved. ;) She's still saying that from time to time BTW. I wish I could hear that sweet boy saying all of that! How absolutely adorable! We miss y'all!

Superchikk said...

He's growing up...just wait until he starts quoting those PG-13 movies! And why not ask the ball cap for a quarter? The worst it could say was "no."

Anonymous said...

In case you couldn't hear him- my hubby is still rolling! =-)