Thursday, July 24, 2008

What's in my lettuce and what is he doing???

I knew my lettuce wasn't growing like it was supposed to be and I had caught the squirrel nibbling in the box----but he was standing on the railing that time! This was more than I could handle. I started banging on the window and he just looked around....didn't seem even a little bothered by the banging....banging that quickly turned into yelling. He just sat up and started cleaning his tail. Are you kidding me?? Needless to say, my salad will continue to come from the store, where the squirrels may still have sat in it, but I didn't see it happen!


Oh yeah, and Evie got to pick some tomatoes, too.

2 comments:

The Snyder's said...

Honestly I don't know what the little fellow liked- I tasted it and it was GROSE! But then again maybe it just needed a little ranch!
Perhaps if you just make a sticker that says ORGANIC and put it on the front of the planter box that would help. ???

Homeschool Momma said...

Oh come on, it all tastes like chicken! A little squirrel won't hurt ya - tee hee!