Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More s'mores, please

We hung out in Mark's backyard last night and roasted marshmallows over his lovely burn pit. The kids had a blast.


Madison enjoyed her first Hershey's bar....too bad I only gave her one little rectangle.

Watching Evie eat is interesting, at best. What she does to food should be against the law. First she disects it (no matter what it is) and then she picks it apart and digs around in it. The s'mores were no different. If watching her demolish a s'more wasn't bad enough, she had to keep sitting down in the wet grass and getting up again. It was unsightly. It made me think of my dear out-of-state friend who also detests grass. :)

This was the best part of the evening for me. Jared was over the moon to roast marshmallows with his daddy. It was so dang sweet to watch!
Oh, yeah, more disturbing pictures of Evie destroying her yummy dessert before putting grass all over it and eating it. Disgusting, but I let it go. I felt myself reaching the next level of mommy-hood....you know, a little grass won't really hurt anyone (I hope Mark's yard stuff is non-toxic!). Oh right, I'm supposed to be letting it go....

1 comment:

Superchikk said...

That grass gives me the heebie-jeebies all the way from Ohio! :)