Sunday, November 18, 2007

Is Santa Claus real??

Yes, it's that time of year again...

Last night Jared asked me if Santa Claus was real. Not ever wanting to lie to my kids, I told Jared that no, Santa was not real. I explained that a real person wears a Santa suit and pretends to be Santa Claus. Realizing other parents are okay with SC being part of their traditions, I also told Jared that some kids believe in SC and we shouldn't go around saying SC isn't real.

Well, tonight we went to the zoo to look at the Christmas lights. Again, Jared asked me about SC. I gave him the same reply as yesterday. Then it happened---Santa was walking towards us in the zoo. Jared looked at me and said, "Mommy, Santa is real. There he is!"

Now that Jared knows he's real, maybe that will be the end of the questions until next year....at least, I hope so! :)

1 comment:

Superchikk said...

Good luck with that. I dread having to explain the whole Santa thing. Husband's family is big time into Santa, and mine couldn't care less about him. There has to be a happy medium somewhere - I just hope we can all find it!